HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST GAMING KEYBOARD FOR YOU
The keyboards put under discussion here come with different kind of mechanical switches and each offers a different kind of feedback. These details will surely help readers to choose gaming keyboard meeting all their needs.
Type of switches used by some keyboards Include White Alps and Black Alps, White Alps have gained more popularity due to their marked touch sense. However, most keyboards use switches called Cherry MX. These further come in different colours like black, red, brown and clear. Each colour carries a different feel. Different kind of switches is suitable for different kinds of tasks.
Gamers can choose among different kinds of keys e.g. click / noon-clicky and linear/non-linear variants. Keyboard switches can also be swapped depending upon need and choice of the gamer. So if a gamer does not enjoy gaming with the keyboard already in use, he can swap keys without investing in a new keyboard.
The black Cherry MX is more suitable for playing online in the likes of the league of legends and Dota 2. The keystroke of the black variant is linear and reduces the feedback while smashing of keys in a heated moment. There are many choices available and one can choose best for him.
BEST GAMING KEYBOARDS OF 2019
1. ROCCAT RYOS MK PRO
Each key of this keyboard is individually backlit. Main reasons to buy this keyboard are
• Two 32-bit ARM Cortex processors
• Four switch styles
Roccat’s first effort in making a mechanical keyboard for gaming purpose is quite an achievement. The device can be customized for gaming purpose and can also be used as a typical device. Each key is individually backlit and an additional N-key is also included for an anti-ghosting purpose. Other features of this keyboard are
• Two 32-bit ARM Cortex processors ( to support a lot of customisation options)
• Eight macro keys which spread out across the whole keyboard
• Soft wrist-rest ( however it is not removable)
2. STEELSERIES APEX M800
It is an excellent gaming keyboard with crazy speed, reasons for buying this keyboard are
• Incredibly fast, low travel switches
• Impressive RGB lighting options
The Apex M800 model of steel series is the super fast mechanical keyboards one can dream of. The main features of this keyboard are
• Low travel makes for ultra response times with minimal fuss
• RGB lighting ( that include 8 brightness levels and 16.8 million colour options)
• Six programmable macro keys
The speed is attributed to its QS1 key switch that features 1.5mm key travel and 45cN actuation force.
3. TOPRE REALFORCE RGB
It is one of its kind gaming keyboards but comes with a bit high price tag. Reasons to buy this one are
• Super-responsive Topre switches
• Impressive backlighting
Other features of this gaming keyboard include
• Powerful RGB lighting
• Incredibly responsive bespoke keys
The switches in Realforce RGB cannot be swapped out with Cherry MX. But Topre variant is powerful enough and ready for customisation. This keyboard does not come with keycap or a comfy wrist-rest.
4. CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X VANGUARD K08
Main reasons to buy this keyboard are
• Ultra-precise OMRON keys
• Whopping 109 customisable keys
The creative sound made quite an impression on the market by making BLASTER X Vanguard K08. Interesting features of this keyboard include
• OMRON mechanical keys ( these double cross point mechanical switches offer 70 million keystrokes
• 109 customisable keys
• Dynamic lighting that can be customised
5. CORSAIR K 63 wireless
It is the best gaming keyboard for a wireless, mechanical gaming setup. Reasons to buy this keyboard are
• Reliable wireless signal
• 128-bit AES encryption mode
Corsair’s K 63 wireless keyboard is a game changer in the world of gaming keyboards. Main features include
• 1 ms ultra-fast connection using a 2.4 GHz optimized wireless setup
• Cherry MX red switches
• Full set of RGB backlights
• Plenty of media keys
• 15 hours of use on a single charge.